Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blog #6

I agree with one my classmate’s blog Obesity Craze. This is a well-written blog. He provides his own experience for insight as well as ideas beneficial to reducing American obesity. Obesity is a current major problem in the United States. According to CBS news, 190 million people are obese or overweight in America, and childhood obesity has triple in the past thirty years. I believe having restaurants provide the calorie count in the menus is a step forward in lowering the percentage of obese people, who are more susceptible to health problems. However, I believe the consumer must be just as concerned as the government in order for this to be one effective method. If a person does not believe they are obese or simply do not care, then having the number of calories on the menu will not be useful. I believe restaurants should also be required to use healthier cooking methods.
I think schools should have psychologists and nutritionists on their staff, so that children can talk to someone about why they are consuming immense amounts of food or why eating healthy and exercising is important to their health. I am an athlete and I even find myself eating because I’m bored and have nothing better to do. I just think as a whole the United States need to become more concerned on this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment