Thursday, May 13, 2010

Blog #8

As I read Freedom of speech or just a case of senioritis?, I didn't find this an issue on freedom of speech, but rather an issue of a student testing his school as summer neared. He clearly wanted to express his individuality, but did so in a way that violated the school handbook and was considered a "distraction". I don't believe "suck" would be a distraction. It is not profanity or obscene, it is an everyday word excepted in society. What I see as a "distraction" is when administrators pull students out of class and bring up the issue of the shirt. I'm sure students saw it as an opportunity to follow suit and express themselves.

Although I disagree with the stance she took, Lissa does support her opinion on with evidence. She provides clear insight on both sides of the subject at hand. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment